Find us on Facebook
- Bad Authentication data.
Yup, We’ve Archived It!
Okay, you guys. This is it, my first recipe post for The Shanahan Plan! So it has to be big, right? It has to knock your socks off. It has to be something gourmet!
Well, as much as I wanted to throw something together that was over-the-top; I have discovered that just isn’t who I am! I love good food. I love healthy, real food. However, I have a busy and hectic schedule just like you. Of course I want my food to taste amazing, but I don’t want to have to spend a lot of time preparing it.
So today, I give you a recipe that is simple, delicious, and smart. You can make this casserole on a Sunday night and it will last you for days. When you are rushing out the door in the morning, grab a slice of this bad boy and your taste buds (and stomach) will be happy.
I call this my “Anytime Casserole” because it’s honestly good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can pack as many veggies and meat as you would like into this dish. Feel free to play around with different ingredients and seasonings. This is a very forgiving recipe and allows for a lot of improvisation. You can even top it off with salsa and avocado to add some great flavor and healthy fats. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Servings: 4-6
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 lb. Pork or Turkey Sausage
8 eggs, whisked
1 sweet potato, peeled
1 red bell pepper, seeds removed
1 medium yellow squash, peeled
1 medium zucchini, peeled
¼ cup green onion, chopped finely
Seasonings of your choice (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.)
Food processor with a julienne-slicing blade OR hand grater
8 x 8 baking dish
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare vegetables. In a food processor, julienne slice the sweet potato, red bell pepper, yellow squash, and zucchini.
3. In a skillet, heat up olive oil and add meat. Brown meat until cooked through. Add vegetables and sauté until tender.
4. Fill baking dish with meat and vegetable mixture. Add green onions.
5. Whisk eggs and add seasonings.
6. Pour egg mixture over meat and vegetables.
7. Cook for 25-28 minutes or until center is cooked through.