I love everything about FALL; the cooler weather, the smells of my Scentsy candles (ha!), and of course the food. I am pretty obsessed with everything pumpkin so I was kind of thrown off my game when my sweet neighbor gave me some fresh peaches from her parents’ farm in Washington state. I decided to create a dessert that is “simple and delicious”. I’m not going to lie…”simple and delicious” is my trademark when it comes to cooking. This dish will literally only take you five minutes to prepare and in thirty minutes time, you will have the sweet aroma of peaches and cinnamon wafting through your kitchen. You’re welcome.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
3 cups peaches; peeled, pitted, and cubed
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts (feel free to improvise with a variety of nuts)
1/2 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place the cut up peaches in the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish.
3) Prepare your “crumb” topping. Using a food processor, add remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly, but not too much! You’ve gone too far if it turns into a paste. Your goal is to keep the integrity of the nuts, but allowing the mixture to become somewhat sticky.
4) Pour crumb mixture on top of peaches.
5) Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Watch the crumb topping closely so that it doesn’t burn. All ovens are different!
Paleo Peach Crisp pairs well with Paleo Whipped Topping or Paleo Vanilla Ice Cream. Perhaps one of these should be my next blog post?
Feel free to leave a comment or question in the space provided below. Have a great week everyone!