Find us on Facebook
- Bad Authentication data.
Yup, We’ve Archived It!
Well hello October…my FAVORITE month of the year! It’s so nice to see you again with your changing colors, your cooler temperatures, and your overabundant supply of PUMPKINS.
Yes, I may be a little obsessed with pumpkins during the Fall season, but for good reason. Not only is this signature squash delicious and so versatile, but pumpkins are packed with all kinds of healthy bonuses.
Did you know?
* Pumpkins contain over 200% of your daily intake of Vitamin A. Want to keep your eyesight sharp? Incorporate more pumpkin into your diet.
* Pumpkin seeds have been shown to reduce cholesterol.
* Pumpkins contain carotenoids that help keep your skin looking oh-so-smooth.
* A cup of cooked pumpkin will help you recover from your workouts quicker. Pumpkins contain high amounts of potassium which help keep your muscles functioning at their best.
It’s time to take advantage of all of the health benefits that pumpkins provide. In fact, there’s a good chance that all of my recipes this month will include pumpkin in some way, shape, or form. Today, I’m giving you a SIMPLE recipe to get started. This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is great post-workout or even as a meal replacement.
1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 Scoop Vanilla Paleo Protein Powder (Click on link below for more information)
1-2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
5 Ice Cubes
1 Tbsp. Almond Butter (optional)
1) In a blender, combine all ingredients until smooth.
How do you like to incorporate PUMPKIN into your meals? Leave us a comment below!